Beeswax Food Wraps
Beelish Food Wraps
Beeswax Food Wraps are an easy, natural and cost effective way to reduce your
use of single use kitchen plastic wraps.
Our standard sizes will fit most needs from keeping your loaf of bread soft, your cheese fresh and your fruit and vegetables crisp.
Beelish Foods Wraps are made from pure beeswax which has been blended with tree resin and organic coconut oil. This is then infused into 100% cotton fabric.
Reusable. With average use and general care your Beelish Food Wraps should last between 6 months and 1 year before you need to revamp them in the oven (see instructions below)
Easy Clean. Wipe over with a damp cloth under COLD running water - if necessary add some cool soapy detergent, then rinse and let dry over you dish rack before storing or reusing.
Your beeswax foodwraps CANNOT be put into the dishwasher, microwave, oven or washed in hot water as they will melt.
There is no need to use chemicals or solvents to clean your wraps - just cold water (and dishwashing liquid if necessary) hot water, vinegar, bleach etc will damage your wraps.
Where to store your Beelish Beeswax Food Wraps
some ideas for storage:
* folded in thirds and lined up in the front of your tea towel or alfoil drawer.
* they look lovely and colourful on the bench in a glass or wooden storage container
* always store away form heat sources such as ovens, tops of microwaves and fridges
How to extend the life of your Beelish Beeswax Food Wraps
We are so happy that you have been using your Beelish Beeswax wraps.
They will last for many months or years. However, if after some time your wrap is looking a little worse for wear please follow the steps below to have it looking like brand new in no time at all.
1. Place your clean and dried worn wrap on an oven safe tray (baking paper underneath your wrap will save you some clean up time!).
2. Place your wrap into the oven at 80 degrees Celsius for 1-5 minutes and watch carefully.
3. As soon as the wax melts and glistens take it out of the oven and immediately pick it up and hold until it cools (about 30 seconds or so)
4. It is ready to go again ! Enjoy your wrap for many more months to come!
After a few ‘revamps’ as explained above you may want to grate on some more beeswax and re-melt again. You can contact Beelish to get a Beeswax Food Wrap ‘Top-up Kit’ which includes beeswax, a grater and an instruction sheet.