What else can I do with my 'Beelish Honey' ?
So you've drizzled it on fresh bread and butter, toast and maybe in your tea but there is SO much more you can do with your Beelish Honey!
Iced Tea with Honey & Lime
A great refreshing summer drink!
- Pour 2 litres of boiling water into a large jug. Add 4 tea bags and allow to brew for 5 mins.
- Remove the teabags and allow the mixture to cool.
- Add 1/3 cup of raw honey and stir till dissolved.
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lime. Serve with ice and a thin slice of lime as a garnish. Enjoy!
Roasted Almonds in Raw Honey
Great as a snack straight from the jar !
Delicious served over ice cream for a quick dessert.
Drizzle some Roasted Almonds and honey over Brie cheese on a cheese platter for a special treat.
Drizzle over thinnly sliced banana on toast.
Drizzle over your cereal or granola.
Glaze onto a slice of pineapple and pop on the BBQ.
Add a spoonful to your cup of tea and for a special treat add a slice of lemon.
Spread over a slice of fresh bread or hot scones.
Use when stir-frying asian vegetables for a subtle ginger flavour with added natural sweetness!
Blueberry and Honey Slice
- 70 g dried blueberries
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup SR Flour
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Lightly grease a slice pan and line with baking paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Place butter & honey in a saucepan and gently heat until the mixture is bubbling.
- Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and pour in the butter mixture.
- Stir until combined.
- Press mixture firmly into the prepared pan and bake for 10- 15 minutes until golden.
Let cool for 10 minutes in pan before cutting into squares. Cool completely. Makes 12-15 pieces
'Beelish' Honey Seed Slice
Mix together the following ingredients:
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pepitas
- ½ cup linseeds
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Melt 125 gm butter and ½ cup brown sugar in a saucepan on low heat until melted.
- Take off heat and add 1 cup of ‘Beelish’ Roasted Almonds in Raw Honey. Combine the melted ingredients with dry ingredients and spread into a large slice tin. Refrigerate until cold.
- Spread a thin layer of melted cooking chocolate over the top.
- Once chocolate is firm tip slice out of tin, cut into small squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Carrot & Honey Cake
- 150 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 300ml olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 2 cups wholemeal SR flour
- 4 medium/large carrots, peeled & grated
- ½ teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 200-250g honey
- Icing Ingredients:
- 125g unsalted butter
- 250g cream cheese
- 50-100g icing sugar to taste
- Finely grated zest of 3 oranges (for a simple icing alternative mix icing sugar with the juice of an orange)
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line the base of a 23cm round, springform cake tin
- Put eggs & sugar in a large mixing bowl, beat with electric mixer for about 10 minutes until pale, foamy and slightly thickened. Add oil and beat for a couple more minutes.
- Combine the flour, salt & bi-carb soda and sieve them into the egg mixture. Tip any bran left in sieve into the mixture also and fold in lightly. Finally fold in grated carrots.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (Leave cake in cake tin whilst completing step 5)
- Heat honey in jar in microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute or tip into a saucepan and heat gently over low heat until honey is runny. Pierce the hot cake all over with a skewer then slowly pour the hot honey over cake so it soaks into the cake.
- Leave it to cool completely before turning out of tin.
- The cake is lovely as it is but to add a touch of decadence, beat the softened butter in a bowl until smooth & fluffy, then beat in the cream cheese and orange zest. Sweeten to taste with the sieved icing sugar and spread over the cake when it is cold.